Our people come from a diverse range of backgrounds, including psychology, research, consulting, academia, graphic design, information technology, web-design and systems administration.
Dr Rebecca Sheils (Director)
Rebecca is a registered psychologist with a PhD in clinical psychology. With over 15 years’ experience in research Rebecca is now responsible for directing research programs and services in the financial services sector including;
- the Consumers Choice Awards (assisting consumers in choosing life, trauma and TPD, and income protection insurance policies and providers);
- the Life Insurance Performance Barometer (including the Claimant Journey Study, Adviser Experience Study, Policyholder Perceptions Study);
- the Most Trusted Advisers Network (based on the Adviser Trust! Score® and client surveys on behalf of advisers and practices);
- Practice Benchmarking (including financial performance, business structure, HR, business systems and processes);
- Licensee Adviser and Practice of the Year Awards,
- Staff engagement and membership surveys for organisations such as the AFA;
- Participation on the ‘AFA Adviser and Practice of the Year Awards’ judging panel; and
- the Financial Advice Competency Framework
Peta Maher (Program Coordinator)
Peta is the most recent member to join the Beddoes Institute team. Following a long career in education and publishing, Peta coordinates the Leading Practices Program and is currently completing her Australian Market and Social Research Society qualifications. Peta also brings a senior and experienced hand to the work of crafting actionable and accessible publications from the Beddoes institute’s ever growing data warehouse and industry benchmark set, as well as coordinating the Most Trusted Adviser Network.
Phil Warne-Smith (IT Security and Systems Administrator)
Phil works to maintain Beddoes Institute’s technology systems, provide technical support to the Beddoes Institute team and maintains the Institute compliance with national data security and privacy regulations.
Dave Burt (Database Manager)
Dave oversees the Beddoes Institute data processing and presentation software. He works with a broader technology team to present insights through rapid and innovative web apps to suit our clients’ needs in addition to taking care of Beddoes web servers, data synchronistion, backups and analytics.
Nicole Paton (Graphic and Web Designer)
Nicole is a unique individual who thoroughly enjoys a mix of creative and technical work. Her passion for working creatively is well utilised at Beddoes Institute through a variety of visual design tasks for both print and digital media. This is complimented by the technical challenges of developing user interfaces for advanced websites and applications.
Diane Atwell (Accounts)
Diane has over 25 years’ experience in Accounts and Office Management. She has worked in a wide range of industries including vocational guidance, construction and mining reporting, and corporate accounting.
Robert Fabris (General Manager)
Robert has over 35 years’ experience in accounting practices and as a Principal for over 28 years. His expertise is in small business and he has been part of the Executive team since 2011. In his role as General Manager, Robert oversees the administration team as well as being responsible for the financial management and financial direction of Beddoes Institute